Friday 2 March 2007

Too many things in too "LITTLE TIME"

In my only class of the day-Principles of Management,better known as POM ( had to attend it coz i was to get my paper) i got the "enlightment" of my life...


There was this presentation by Himanshu & group( which sadly i too have to make as part of the curriculum) on a company ( i dont remember whats its name)...Obviously bored, i tried to find ways to kill time..Having forgot my mobile in a rush to go to class, i had nothing to be engaged with..Then i spotted an ant on my table..I started playing with it...I saw it running for its life as i kept chasing it...Then i remembered that i too am a living being..God forbid it ever happens but if at all at any point of time i too might to run for my life...I placed myself in the ant's place...Oh!! What a horrible experience it might have been for it!!...I let it go that very moment...Even a small ant can change one's mind...Its like a a storm caused by a butterfly flapping its wings...This is "Butterfly Effect"...





Meanwhile the presentation was going on, on its monotonous path which to me seemed like a slow melancholy note...Then came Hitesh Bora to conclude it...I knew it from the very beginning that he will do something different...And he stood up to my expectations...More the moment he spoke,everybody laughed at him & the more we laughed the harder he made us laugh...In fact that is a talent in itself 'making others laugh at oneself'...Very few can even tolerate the thought of being the laughing stock...He turned the bunch of dosing eyes into a lively one...He stood on the dias with his hands on the table like Abhisekh Bachchan did in the movie "Guru" with his baritone engulfing the entire stadium,only this was a classroom...


The presentation was over & it was time for paper distribution...The POM paper had two parts-Part A being objective & the other subjective...The next thing that happened was a first in my life...In Part A i got 21 but in B i had got a "big fat zero"...It reminded me of my mom scolding me during my school days that if i dont study i'll get a zero in the exam...This time it was in reality but the good ( or rather bad) part of it was that there was no one to scold me...

I am writing this even as i have an MT exam tomorrow..Now let me study or else "history" will repeat itself

9 comments:

ankit said...

i love chasing and killing ants..and nvr thought of dat crap..ki its a living being :)

ankit said...

murga bhi khata hun..ab ye soch ke thode hi chod dun chicken khana..ki mere ko maar ke bhi khaye to mujhe kaise lagega ? hai ki nahi ??

Swapnesh Panda said...

i agree to u & do not intend 2 change ur eating habits..yeh bhi pata hai ki these kinda thoughts will never cross ur mind lekin mere bhai kabhi iske bare me sochna..then u'll know how difficult it is 2 see ur own death

Akshat said...

DONT WORRY YAAR...EVEN I GOT SINGLE DIGIT 1 IN PART A....THERE IS ALWAYS A NEXT TIME YAAR...STICK TO YOUR BLOG YAAR "WHO CARES!!!"....HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

about the ant thingie...dat was really considerate of u...try doin the same thing next time wen u sing to us...keep urself in our place nd spare us the agony...lol...jus kiddin...nd just this little thing...dat there's a diff between ppl laughing AT u nd laughing at ur antics....i find hitesh has a gud sense of humour nd its probably his style dat ppl find funny...ppl definitely dont laugh AT him...dats wrong rude and pathetic...watever...cool blog neways...i agree though dat u shud switch back to "who cares" mode :)

Swapnesh Panda said...

fine..if thats what u ppl want then so be it..no more philosophical posts

Anonymous said...

pandu bhai... jo mann kare likh blog mein... B URSELF...
u r writing it for urself not to entertain others...
n agar tu dusro ko entertain karne k liye likh ra hai then stop writing this.. coz thr r many better options for ppl to get entertaintment...
hope u get my point...
feel free n njoy life n do wat u want...

Swapnesh Panda said...

yo ashok...u rock

Maalolan said...

Yoyoyoyo swap ...welcom to t zeroo's club :D

nice thought btw ... :)